At 12:30 this morning the following demands were issued by the Defend LSBU! Defend our Education! campaign to LSBU Vice-Chancellor, Professor Martin Earwicker:
-No disciplinary action to be taken against staff or students who are taking part in, or support, this occupation.
-Reinstate our Language centre immediately, including former language centre staff to their previous roles.
– Stop all cuts and job losses at LSBU pending a full independent review, including LLU+.
– For the university, including the Vice Chancellor, to make a statement condemning the fees rises and cuts in education.
– We are opposed to all cuts to public services and a rise in tuition fees.
– LSBU is in solidarity with all other actions, nationally and internationally, against the austerity measures.
– Unite and Fight! We call for all universities and colleges to strike and occupy against the cuts in support of our education.
We await his reply.